From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: The destiny of Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:56:05 GMT

my preference is something like 2), but with the JCR related components
moved to Jackrabbit. I'd like to see Oak as a hierarchical content repository
implementation, but not necessarily as a JCR repository. The plugin mechanism
in Oak was specifically designed for that purpose. Thus Jackrabbit 3 would
be oak-jcr plus plugins needed to turn a pure Oak repository into a JCR
repository. On the other hand Oak would mainly consist of the micro kernel
and oak-core and provide a robust and scalable basis for Jackrabbit 3 but
also other applications that directly speak to the Oak API.

View raw message