From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: The destiny of Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 15:09:23 GMT
i'm feeling absolutly with angela.
like angela said I would also be afraid that jackrabbit has no future ...

what if we made it like the j2ee profiles. there is a full compliant profile but also some
lighter profiles.
we can make also profiles so that people can choose which profile they want use.
later we would provide the "full profile" which means all features required by the spec are
enabled.

i think a lot of people would only need something like a "lite profile" which means the main
features are present which are already in oak now.

however I would not split jackrabbit and oak.

just my 2 cents :-)
claus