From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: The destiny of Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:31:36 GMT
On 1.10.12 12:36, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> On 01.10.2012, at 12:26, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) The Oak codebase will become Jackrabbit 3.0 sometime next year
>
>> 2) We spin off the Oak effort to a new Apache project
>
> I think 1) makes more sense given all the innovative work going into Oak.
>
> Keeping Jackrabbit 2.x in maintenance mode seems more feasible than separating Oak and
Jackrabbit and possibly trying yet another approach to improve Jackrabbit. I doubt there are
enough >committers who would work on that. If 100% JCR spec compatibility is desired, it
probably makes more sense to put the energy in extending oak-jcr to support that (with compromises
etc.) rather >then improving the existing Jackrabbit architecture.

I can absolutely agree with Alex and Michael.
For me it would be great if we have only one implementation and therefore one community.

So +1 for 1)

greets
claus