From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject BlobFactory (was Re: svn commit: r1401571 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api: BlobFactory.java Root.java)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:45:30 GMT

On 24.10.12 8:33, angela@apache.org wrote:
> Author: angela
> Date: Wed Oct 24 07:33:02 2012
> New Revision: 1401571

> Log:
> OAK-392 : Review ContentSession#createBlob
> - * BlobFactory... TODO
> + * BlobFactory...
> + * TODO review again if we really need/want to expose that in the OAK API

The consequences of not doing so is, that there is no way to create
blobs through the Oak API which are immediately streamed down to the
Microkernel.

> + * TODO in particular exposing this interface (and Blob) requires additional thoughts
on
> + * TODO - lifecycle of the factory,
> + * TODO - lifecycle of the Blob,
> + * TODO - access restrictions and how permissions are enforced on blob creation
> + * TODO - searchability, versioning and so forth

All these TODOs also apply to the blobs which get created through the
ValueFactory in oak-jcr and this was already the case before the
refactorings of OAK-350. What where the considerations there?

Michael