From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] Oak new of the week (4th edition)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 11:53:22 GMT

> - Finally, there was quite a lot going on in the security area wrt.
> access control, authentication support, principal management and so.
> Angela, since you were mainly concerned with this, do you mind to give a
> quick update on what's new here?

there is just one topic that IMO is worth discussing here:

i think we have a major performance issue with
ContentSession#getLatestRoot that makes the creation of a new
Session really expensive, while i would expect it to be for free.

just came across this again when i wanted to replace the fake
login by what will be the default setup in an oak-repo and
will validate credentials against information stored in the MK
without sharing a 'session' between different repo-logins as
this was/is one of the pain points in jr2.

regards
angela