From Tommaso Teofili <teof...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: On custom index configuration
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:45:03 GMT
Hi all,

On 19/set/2012, at 22:47, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to bring up how this all relates to custom index solutions (like Solr/ES).
Isnt there a risk that by making it possible to attach such configuration to nodes, that it
would encourage applications that make it close to impossible to switch to Solr/ES to benefit
from their features (especially improved scalability in clustered setups)?

Why do you think so? Actually I'm working on such an integration (w/ Solr) and it doesn't
sound that bad, on the contrary, as far as I understand Jukka's proposal, it should be easier
as you could add something like:

     /path/to/somewhere [jcr:mixinTypes = oak:indexed]
           /oak:indexes
               /solr [jcr:primaryType = oak:solrIndex, oak:nodeType = nt:file, url = ...]
                   /:index { invisible index content }

along with a CommitHook and a QueryIndex specific implementations.
Just my 0.2 cents.
Regards,
Tommaso