From Mete Atamel <mata...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Going beyond path-based access in MK (Was: Mongo property limit)
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 06:48:00 GMT
Hi,

That's an interesting idea. On one hand, we'll save space by not storing
the full path of every node, but on the other hand, we'll need to maintain
this additional node name -> oid map in every parent node. Additionally,
for every node retrieval, we'll have to traverse from root all the way to
the leaf child and at every step, we'll need to check the name -> oid map
to figure out the next step, right? So, instead of one Mongo query with
full path, we'll be doing N queries with oids where N is the depth of the
full path being retrieved. So, at this point, I'm wondering if this is
really an optimization?

-Mete