From Mete Atamel <mata...@adobe.com>
Subject Mongo property limit
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:03:37 GMT
Hi,

I couldn't find official documentation on this but my tests revealed that
there's a limit to how long a property value can be in MongoDB and this
affects MongoMK.

In MongoMK, we have a "path" property which stores the full path of a
node. Here's an example:

{
    "_id": {
        "$oid": "506027cc09d03cd0a04b1498"
    },
    "path": "/test0/test1/test2/test3/test4/test5/test6/test7/test8",
    "revId": 10,
    "baseRevId": 9,
    "kids": [
        "test9"
    ]
}

With the property length limit in Mongo, paths in MongoMK are limited to
1000 characters or so. This means that there's a limit to path
length/depth in MongoMK, see OAK-333.

How should we handle this? Shall we document this as a limitation of
MongoMK? Or shall we try to do something smarter like splitting the full
path into multiple smaller path properties?

Thanks,
Mete