From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On custom index configuration
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:24:55 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
> that is my point .. if we have custom index configuration referencing specific indexing
> plugins all over the content .. then switching indexers might get needlessly hard ..

Ah, I see the point.

IMO this is basically up to a deployment and its administrator to
worry about. If you define just one or two big indexes that cover most
of the repository, then switching to an alternative indexing mechanism
will be fairly straightforward. And if you need lots of small,
purpose-built indexes then migrating them all will take more work.

It's a bit like in a relational database where you can configure an
index to use one underlying data structure or another. The more
indexes you have, the more you need to do when you want to reconfigure
the indexes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting