From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ContentSession.getCurrentRoot() is slow
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 08:07:50 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> About workspaces - I know we said we don't support workspaces currently,
> but there still is ContentSession.getWorkspaceName(). Could we remove this
> method for now? The problem is that it's not clear whether
> getCurrentRoot(), and the Root class, is for the / a workspace or for the
> complete repository.

Currently the workspace root and the repository root are the same
thing, while we only support a single workspace. Once we get to adding
support for multiple workspaces we need to define these semantics in
more detail.

> About the class Root: is the data returned by this class filtered for the
> ContentSessions access rights? I can't find that info in the Javadocs.

Yes, access controls are applied to Root and everything you can access
through it.

> If it is, maybe we could (later on) combine Root and ContentSession.

The separation between ContentSession and Root was made to allow for
directly persisted operations without the need to re-authenticate
every time.

BR,

Jukka Zitting