From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On custom index configuration
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:48:17 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> Jukka wrote:
>>>When executing a query, the search engine in Oak would then detect all
>>> indexes along the main path axis of a given query. For example, when
>>> querying for content inside /data/foo, the search engine would use the
>>> indexes at / and /data, but not the ones at /articles.
>
> From a user perspective, that might be cool. From the perspective of the
> query engine developer, not so cool. Patches are welcome :-)...

>From the peanut gallery, I think this is an *extremely* useful feature.

Currently, Jackrabbit mostly considers the repository as a monolithic
unit of content, yet typical applications have widely varying
requirements when it comes to indexing, performance, observation,
eventual consistency etc. for various parts of their content. Being
able to have different settings for those various subtrees can make a
big difference IMO.

-Bertrand