From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject CoreValueFactory vs MemoryValue flavors
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:49:53 GMT
hi,

I'm wondering when it is advised to use the CoreValueFactory to create new
values, and when I could simply do a (for example) new LongValue.

Let's take a usecase:
I'm looking at OakDirectory and I see
  factory.createValue(System.currentTimeMillis())
...in this case I could remove the dependency to the CoreValueFactory class
and do a
  new LongValue(System.currentTimeMillis())

So what are the cases when I would use MemoryValue(s)? - and may be we
could add them to the javadocs ;)

thanks,
alex