From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject [NEWS] Oak newsletter (2nd edition)
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:47:29 GMT

Hi,

A bit late here is the 2nd edition of the almost weekly newsletter on
what is going on in Apache Jackrabbit Oak.

- There will be an Oak Hackathon at .adaptTo(Berlin) 2012. The event is
still open for registration.
See http://adaptto.mixxt.de/networks/events/show_event.65841

- Jukka started to document the internal node state model used in Oak
core. This is a great place to start for newcomers:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/doc/nodestate.md?view=markup

- A MongoDB based Microkernel implementation has been contributed by
Philipp Marx. This is currently under review but we expect it to make
its way into the code base.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-293

- Test coverage improved and lead to a small spike in the number of
failing tests. This is due to the TCK counting tests as passed which
have not been executed because of missing content. Since this content is
now in place more tests actually run (and fail).
See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-6?focusedCommentId=13455014&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13455014,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqWOLyLNdfKedFl2eXdEYmFLRnhNQWx5WUNtcU5hZXc&output=html

- Basics of node type validation are in place now. There are still
some loose ends however.
See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-66?focusedCommentId=13454846&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13454846

- There is a new validator for checking uniqueness of the jcr:uuid
property. Some of this work is duplicated by the indexing and query
mechanism. We will probably have to unify these further down the line.
See:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/unique/

- There seem to be quite some progress with query and indexing. Thomas,
Alex, could you provide a short overview what was going on in the area
during the last couple of days?

Michael