From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ContentSession.getCurrentRoot() is slow
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:13:24 GMT
Hi,

On 14.9.12 9:52, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> About workspaces - I know we said we don't support workspaces currently,
>>> but there still is ContentSession.getWorkspaceName(). Could we remove
>>> this
>>> method for now?
>
>> Currently the workspace root and the repository root are the same
>> thing, while we only support a single workspace. Once we get to adding
>> support for multiple workspaces we need to define these semantics in
>> more detail.
>
> I know, but what about removing ContentSession.workspaceName for now? As
> far as I see, it's used in the constructors of ContentSessionImpl and
> RootImpl, and in some other places, but not really used. It would make the
> code clearer to me.

This is a left over from when I removed workspace support back then when
we decided not to implement it for now. To me it was obvious to leave
these methods there as stubs to remind us that we need to implement this
later on. There are even TODOs in the relevant places in the code where
the implementation would/should go.

>>> About the class Root: is the data returned by this class filtered for the
>>> ContentSessions access rights? I can't find that info in the Javadocs.
>>
>> Yes, access controls are applied to Root and everything you can access
>> through it.
>
> OK I will document that. I guess it's the same for the class Tree? What
> about PropertyState? As far as I see, you can get such objects from a Tree
> and in other ways - I guess access rights are only applied when using
> Tree.getProperty?

Look out for the word "accessible" in the Javadoc of Root and Tree. Its
already there.

Michael