From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1368425 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/observation/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/osgi/ oak-jcr/src/main/java
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 06:49:32 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> Throwing exceptions client accesses the repository from an observation
> listener which "takes too long" is fine for me. However I think the
> repository should stop sending observation events as soon as a shut down is
> pending.

Makes sense.

Can we use the same mechanism to stop event delivery when a client
unregisters a listener? Currently the removeEventListener() method is
synchronized with event delivery, which achieves the effect of no
events being delivered after the method returns, at the cost of the
method potentially blocking for a while.

BR,

Jukka Zitting