From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1368425 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/observation/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/osgi/ oak-jcr/src/main/java
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:30:31 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> No test case but its obvious from the code. There was a condition variable
> earlier which signalled a pending shut down (or ObservationManager.dispose)
> to the ChangeProcessor. The later used that to exit its run method.

I guess we could restore something like that. But note that we can't
control what goes on inside an observation listener registered by a
client, so whatever we do there's no way to guarantee a timely return
from an observation listener. That's why I wouldn't worry too much
about that case, and instead just throw exceptions to any background
threads that are still trying to access a repository that's already
closed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting