From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Notes from August Hackathon
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:19:25 GMT

A couple of us met last week in Basel to work on the Oak code base. Here
is a short summary of what we achieved:

* Regarding TCK compliance we are progressing however not as fast as we
started out. Here is a graph [1] on our progress so far.

* We are able to run some basic features of Sling on Oak. Content
explorer, login etc. work fine. To enable this a new bundle for Oak was
added and the bundle list was updated to include Oak related
dependencies. Refer to this github fork [2] and the changes done [3] for
more details. There is also a pre-built Sling [4] quickstart for playing

* We plan to host an Oakathon for hacking Oak at the adaptTo() 2012
conference in Berlin [5]. The Oakathon will precede the adaptTo()
conference and take place September 25th. Depending on interest we have
the possibility to extend it through the week. I'll send a separate
invitation for the event later this week.

[2] https://github.com/chetanmeh/sling/tree/oak

[3] https://github.com/chetanmeh/sling/compare/oak

[5] http://adaptto.mixxt.de/networks/events/show_event.65841

View raw message