From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Internal content in Oak
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:21:26 GMT
Hi,

I believe we have quite different views about what the architecture should
look like and what the goals of the separation between the layers are. I
understand the view people have changes as we implement things, but could
we discuss the architecture and problems we found in the next meeting? I
think that's more efficient than trying to discuss it by email.

> Š oak-http are the
> only complex direct Java clients of the Oak API

I thought Oak HTTP basically _is_ (very closely matches) the Oak API.

> I instinctively prefer to keep the Oak API

> as tight and simple as possible

I agree the Oak API should be simple, but if needed an API can be simple
even if the functionality below the API is rich.

On the other hand, we seem to have features (for example the transient
space) that were originally planned for the client now implemented in Oak
Core or even Oak MK (branch / merge). We should really discuss this.

Regards,

Thomas