From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internal content in Oak
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:37:40 GMT
Hi,

On Thursday, July 19, 2012, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> > Š oak-http are the
> > only complex direct Java clients of the Oak API
>
> I thought Oak HTTP basically _is_ (very closely matches) the Oak API.

That's why I qualified it with "to a lesser degree", which you didn't
include in your quote above.

> On the other hand, we seem to have features (for example the transient
> space) that were originally planned for the client now implemented in Oak
> Core or even Oak MK (branch / merge). We should really discuss this.
>
> See the list archives from around March and April for extensive
discussions about how the changelog of a transient space is best
represented. The big point that people keep missing here is that we *need*
a way to represent uncommitted changes inside oak-core, as otherwise things
like node type validation or other commit hooks are impossible. A remoting
client can and should still batch the transient space on the client side,
the API design explicitly allows that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Thomas