From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject oak-issues@ list
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:01:26 GMT

When talking with people interested in Oak, a common complaint (I've
heard it now from three different sources) is that trying to follow
the broader design discussions on oak-dev@ is a bit difficult with the
often lower-level issue tracker traffic that also hits this list.
There are some issues (like recently OAK-169) where broader topics are
discussed, but in general it's preferable to have such discussions on
the dev list and just use the issue tracker for the concrete action
items that may result from such discussions (OAK-181 and -182 being
good examples).

One could of course say that filtering out anything from jira@ should
be an easy enough solution to people who experience oak-dev@
information overload, but who has time to maintain such filter
settings? (I know I don't.) A simpler alternative could be to direct
the issue tracker updates to oak-commits@ or (better) a separate
oak-issues@ list where everyone who wants to track day-to-day
development can get all the updates. Both oak-commits@ and oak-issues@
should have Reply-To pointing to oak-dev@ to bring any followup