From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Notes from the Oakathon
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 10:37:08 GMT
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> About indexing:
>
>> Another potential Sling extension would be a custom Oak index provider
>> for optimizing the kinds of queries Sling uses.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't see Sling having it's own index
> *mechanism*. Probably Sling will need specific indexes, but that's just
> configuration, and not implementation (code)...

Being able to integrate totally different indexing mechanisms can be
useful if Oak can provide such extension points. For example to
integrate different types of indexing systems (Solr, Stanbol,
image/media indexing) so as to be able to query them with the same API
that's used for the native repository indexes.

Such indexes can of course be integrated in higher layers, but if the
Oak design allows them that would be useful.

-Bertrand