From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:31:31 GMT

On 27.06.2012, at 18:02, Christian Stocker <christian.stocker@liip.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 27.06.12 15:07, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Stefan Guggisberg
>> <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> now your proposal seems to imply a different architecture...
>>
>> You're reading far too much into this. I'm just thinking of exposing a
>> feature that seems like it could come in handy for some potential
>> clients. Doing so requires zero changes to our existing architecture
>> or APIs.
>
> I agree with Jukka. Something like this could become very handy for
> "dumb" non-java clients. It's not that easy to implement a transient
> space in another language. Doable and needed if you need every possible
> performance. But sometimes it would be really helpful, if I could just
> outsource that part to the server side. Or start with a very dump client
> and extending it later with more transient space features, if there's a
> need.

i assume this session space will not cause duplicating the rest of the workspace content that
hasnt changed, right?

if we also make it possible to sync such a session space with the workspace its based on,
then this would become an amazingly powerful way to view the state of the workspace if the
staged changed including any already commited concurrent writes.

this is very similar to the copy on write cloning with "shine through" of concurrent changes
that typo3 supports.

regards,
Lukas