From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Updated Oak roadmap
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:00:47 GMT
Hi,

>Yes, we can do such a benchmark (the oak-bench component already has
>the basics in place), though personally I don't see the single-node
>case as a particularly interesting one to benchmark. Unless we want to
>also target embedded systems, any truly performance-critical
>deployments will probably in any case be clustered.

Well, I think what is available in the Oak project should also be
performant, so we should test for it... According to the stated goals in
the pom.xml and Oak web site:

    "The goal of the Oak effort within the Apache Jackrabbit project is
    to implement a scalable and performant hierarchical content repository
    for use as the foundation of modern world-class web sites and other
    demanding content applications."

If that's not the case, then we should change the web site and the pom.xml
accordingly.

Regards,
Thomas