From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated Oak roadmap
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:52:13 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> I would prefer if the "Scalability and performance review" would start
> earlier.

Me too, but for such a review won't make much sense before we have a
clustered/distributed MicroKernel implementation in Oak. Otherwise the
review will just conclude that whatever we do, the scalability and
performance of Oak is limited by the capacity of the single server on
which the MicroKernel is running.

I'm not yet sure about the schedule of when and how we'll be able to
have such a MicroKernel (it's basically the clustered deployment bit
that we've been missing already since 0.2), which is why I didn't yet
include it in the draft roadmap, but that's definitely something we
should figure out within the next few months.

PS. Adobe is currently working on such a MK implementation, but we've
yet to figure out which parts of it we can/should contribute to Oak.

BR,

Jukka Zitting