From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:15:52 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> well, statements like the following lead me to this assumption:

OK, I can see how I could have given such an impression. Sorry about
the poor wording. With "clients" in this context I meant just the
clients of this proposed HTTP interface, not *all* Oak clients.

Just like in Jackrabbit 2.x there are multiple ways for clients to
access the repository (local JCR access, RMI remoting, WebDAV, DAVex
remoting, etc.), the proposed HTTP binding for Oak is just one among
the potentially many different ways in which an Oak repository could
be accessed.

> do you envision oak-jcr being a client of this http binding?

No, we already have the Oak API for that.

> what potential clients to you have in mind?

Especially JavaScript applications running in the browser (a good
example is Create.js [1]) or mobile apps running on various embedded
systems (phones, tablets, cars, etc.). Potentially also non-Java
server-side integration tools like Jackalope [2].

[1] http://createjs.org/
[2] http://jackalope.github.com/

BR,

Jukka Zitting