From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:00:53 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Its not about shared state but about state maintained on the server which means
> the exchange is not stateless any longer.

I don't follow this argument; the entire repository is one big piece
of server-side state.

Let's drop the term "session" here as it's clearly confusing things
and call this feature "branching":

   $ curl http://localhost:8080/content
   {}
   $ curl -d create=true http://localhost:8080/branch
   Location: http://localhost:8080/branch/X
   $ curl http://localhost:8080/branch/X
   {}
   $ curl -d foo=bar http://localhost:8080/branch/X
   {"foo":"bar"}
   $ curl -d commit=true -d remove=true http://localhost:8080/branch/X
   $ curl http://localhost:8080/content
   {"foo":"bar"}

The only difference between such an operation and that of using a
separate cloned subtree (or workspace) is that the latter is visible
to all repository clients and the former only to those that have the
relevant URI.

BR,

Jukka Zitting