From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1344262 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak: plugins/name/NameValidator.java plugins/type/TypeValidator.java spi/commit/Validator.java
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:16:03 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM,  <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> Validator.childNodeDeleted should have void return type since there is nothing to validated
on a deleted node

Actually, contrary to our earlier discussion, I did now remember why
it's a good idea for the childNodeDeleted() method to return a
Validator to be used for descending into the removed subtree.

See the NamespaceValidator class that I added in revision 1345006 for
validating changes to the /jcr:system/jcr:namespaces subtree. It's
easier to write that code if I can rely on the ValidatingCommitHook
calling the propertyDeleted() methods on the removed namespace mapping
properties instead of also interpreting childNodeDeleted() calls on
/jcr:system or /jcr:system/jcr:namespaces.

In that revision I adjusted all the relevant code to reflect the
restored childNodeDeleted() return value. I also did some further
cleanup on the exception handling in ValidatingCommitHook (using a
member variable instead of an array reference from the surrounding
class).

BR,

Jukka Zitting