From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated Oak roadmap
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:37:45 GMT

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> Well, I think what is available in the Oak project should also be
> performant, so we should test for it...

Agreed. I just think that our default MK implementation should be
easily clusterable so that people can scale up a default deployment
without having to migrate all their content to another MK

It's nice if the performance of a development or testing deployment
where you just have a single node is good, but in practice all really
performance-critical production deployments will have at least a few
cluster nodes (at least for high availability if for nothing else),
which is why I think that's where we should focus our performance
benchmarks (and why I really would have liked to see at least an
initial clustered MK hit Oak trunk already a few months ago ;-).

Jukka Zitting

View raw message