From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:24:02 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
> i assume this session space will not cause duplicating the rest of the workspace
> content that hasnt changed, right?

Right. No physical duplication of content takes place.

> if we also make it possible to sync such a session space with the workspace its
> based on, then this would become an amazingly powerful way to view the state of
> the workspace if the staged changed including any already commited concurrent writes.
>
> this is very similar to the copy on write cloning with "shine through" of concurrent
> changes that typo3 supports.

I'm not too familiar with this typo3 feature, but it doesn't sound
like something that Oak already supports. We do have a "rebase"
operation for pending changes in oak-core, which might be similar, but
so far I didn't think of exposing such functionality through the Oak
API. Sounds like something we should take a look at together.

BR,

Jukka Zitting