From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:49:17 GMT
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Stefan Guggisberg
> <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> now your proposal seems to imply a different architecture...
> You're reading far too much into this.

well, statements like the following lead me to this assumption:

a native HTTP binding that allows remote clients to talk directly
with oak-core without having to go through the JCR layer.

instead of accessing separate namespace registration code, a
client could register a new namespace simply by posting it as
a normal content modification to the appropriate place in the
content tree

do you envision oak-jcr being a client of this http binding?

>  I'm just thinking of exposing a
> feature that seems like it could come in handy for some potential
> clients.

what potential clients to you have in mind?

> Doing so requires zero changes to our existing architecture
> or APIs.
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

View raw message