From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:23:52 GMT

On 27.6.12 13:52, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 27.06.2012 um 13:49 schrieb Michael Dürig:
>

>> On 27.6.12 12:50, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Its not about shared state but about state maintained on the server which means
the exchange is not stateless any longer.

>> Yes but that's no different from any other POST/PUT/DELETE request.
>
> Absolutely not. Per-se these requests are stateless.

They are stateless in the sense that there is no "user session"
involved. But by definition they modify the server's state by changing,
adding or removing a resource. This resembles Jukka's initial proposal
very much.

Michael

> Jukka's proposal really introduces server state even though he "hides" it behind a resource
URL. The state introduced is the JCR session kept on the server.

> Regards
> Felix
>

>> Michael
>>

>>> The only difference to a Serlvet API HttpSession is, that the session key is
part of the URI path instead of a request parameter or cookie.