From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:25:06 GMT
hi jukka

makes a lot of sense to me and pretty matches the goal of he
whole JSOP approach.

there is just one thing i don't feel totally comfortable with:

> By default the HTTP binding could simply use a fresh new session for
> each HTTP request, but it should be possible for a client to request a
> longer-lived session for more complex content modifications (import,
> batch jobs, etc.) [...]

i don't fully see the use case for such long living sessions.
IMO also importing big trees and batch read/writing should be covered
by a single request. in jackrabbit2 this wasn't possible for all
cases due to the fact that we only had a JCR repo on the server
side of the remoting. now that we finally have native implementation
that we can model according to our needs, i am not convinced that this
is sensible.

kind regards
angela