From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Observation design (Was: svn commit: r1351414 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak: api/ChangeSet.java api/ContentSession.java core/ContentSessionImpl.java)
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:41:39 GMT
On 2012-06-20 16:44, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
>> Leaving userdata out works for me. Not sure what the "spec police" will say
>> though ;-)
>
> To pass the TCK without user data we'll need to set the observation
> supported descriptor to false. I'm OK with that as long as we still
> implement most of the JCR observation interfaces and document the less
> strict observation contract that we are supporting.

Right now it seems the descriptor is set to true, right? (I see test
failing that didn't before).

I'd also like to point out again that the ability to add user data *is*
used in HTTP remoting (for the purpose of filtering events by session;
as far as I recall this is the case for journaled observation, would
have to check for "classic" observation).

Best regards, Julian