From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Observation design (Was: svn commit: r1351414 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak: api/ChangeSet.java api/ContentSession.java core/ContentSessionImpl.java)
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:10:44 GMT

On 20.6.12 16:04, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-06-20 17:01, Michael Dürig wrote:
>> Spec. wise this is fine. Implementation wise I'm not convinced. Who
>> cares about the descriptors anyway ;-) Not even the TCK does... However
>> let's leave it at this for the time being. I think this feature is
>> rarely used if at all and we should concentrate on the important stuff
>> first.
>
> I don't think it's fine spec-wise. I also recall using it in the
> remoting layer to get the "non-local" filtering mode working.

Don't quote me out of context ;-) I referred to

"If needed, we could propose to JSR 333 to relax the specified
observation contract or at to introduce more fine-grained descriptors
that allow an implementation like ours to declare at least some
observation functionality as supported."

wrt. this I meant it to be fine spec. wise.

Michael