From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Co-locating September Oakathon with adaptTo(Berlin) 2012
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:03:19 GMT

Hi,

As announced on the Jackrabbit @dev list [1], .adaptTo(Berlin) 2012 [2]
will be held on September 26th-28th. I quickly spoke to one of the
organisers regarding the possibility of co-locating an Oakathon there.
He agreed on providing us with a meeting room for Monday and Tuesday of
the same week so we could already get started before the conference
kicks off. For the rest of the week we could share the venue with adaptTo.

I think we should take the change and contribute a couple of Oak related
sessions to the conference. IMO there should be at least one session
which gives a broad overview of what Oak is and why we want it, what we
could expect from it and what not and where we should brace ourselves
for changes. Other sessions could be more technical and would depend on
individual contributions from this community.

We should also keep the Oakathon running for the course of the whole
week. So people could just pop in for hands down sessions, to discuss
issues or to ask more specific questions. Such an informal part would
optimally help us lowering the entry barrier and broadening the community.

Michael

[1] http://markmail.org/message/p6y7vlvlblnxvhla
[2] http://adaptto.mixxt.de/