From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 06:39:01 GMT

On Jun 28, 2012, at 01:24 , Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>> i assume this session space will not cause duplicating the rest of the workspace
>> content that hasnt changed, right?
> Right. No physical duplication of content takes place.
>> if we also make it possible to sync such a session space with the workspace its
>> based on, then this would become an amazingly powerful way to view the state of
>> the workspace if the staged changed including any already commited concurrent writes.
>> this is very similar to the copy on write cloning with "shine through" of concurrent
>> changes that typo3 supports.
> I'm not too familiar with this typo3 feature, but it doesn't sound
> like something that Oak already supports. We do have a "rebase"
> operation for pending changes in oak-core, which might be similar, but
> so far I didn't think of exposing such functionality through the Oak
> API. Sounds like something we should take a look at together.

here are some infos i send to the JSR-333 list

the purpose is to allow editors to "draft" changes in a separate workspace, while still being
able to see what other editors are doing in production.

typo3 uses this approach. slides 14-17 somewhat illustrate the feature:

but the slides do not illustrate how changes in the "live" workspace would become visible
in "user-liga" workspace.

from a google search I also just found this document:

Lukas Kahwe Smith

View raw message