From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Native HTTP bindings for Oak
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:52:20 GMT
Hi,

Am 27.06.2012 um 13:49 schrieb Michael Dürig:

> On 27.6.12 12:50, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 27.06.2012 um 12:13 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I think you're misreading the proposal. The feature uses separate URI
>>> spaces so all information needed to access such "sessions" is encoded
>>> in each request and depends on no shared state between the client and
>>> the server.
>>
>> Its not about shared state but about state maintained on the server which means the
exchange is not stateless any longer.

> Yes but that's no different from any other POST/PUT/DELETE request.

Absolutely not. Per-se these requests are stateless.

Jukka's proposal really introduces server state even though he "hides" it behind a resource
URL. The state introduced is the JCR session kept on the server.

Regards
Felix

> Michael
>

>> The only difference to a Serlvet API HttpSession is, that the session key is part
of the URI path instead of a request parameter or cookie.