From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Path and name normalization in the query engine
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 15:15:24 GMT
Hi,

The query engine in oak-core needs to normalize paths and names (convert "./name" to "name"),
for example for the TCK test org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.query.qom.NodeNameTest.testURILiteral.
I don't see a way to do the normalization within oak-jcr. The component that seems to be able
to do that is NamePathMapper.

I think there are two options: either add the NamePathMapper as a parameter to (the oak-core
API method) QueryEngine.executeQuery, or add the NamePathMapper to (the oak-core interface)
ContentSession. But I guess that would mean it needs to be added as a parameter to ContentRepository.login,
which seems to be a bit strange.

So I will add it as a parameter to QueryEngine.executeQuery.

In the near future, the query engine will also need to evaluate node type information (also
in oak-core). The method executeQuery will get at least one additional parameter, so will
have 8 parameters in total. One alternative would be to keep the node type information and
name path mapper in ContentSession. But I guess that's not what you guys want to do, right?

Regards,
Thomas