From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Write performance for large child node lists
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 07:07:01 GMT
Hi,

> the change log is calculated from the resulting states

That's anyway a bad idea. It's complex, doesn't work correctly for move
and reorder operations, and is inefficient.

It's a lot simpler and more efficient to build the change log based on the
JCR operations. And it will ensure the result is correct.

I wouldn't worry about "optimizing" the change log. If the user added a
node and then removed the very same node within the same change log, then
it's his own problem if it's slightly slower. Optimizing for user errors
makes absolutely no sense.

Regards,
Thomas