From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Query
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 13:17:04 GMT
Hi,

>The reason why I'm asking is that if we leave things as they are right
>now, we won't notice regressions, because all of the tests are marked as
>known failures. Thus, once the majority of functionality is there, we
>should make the exclusions more fine-grained.

I see. Yes, if you have time, that would be nice. The list is reasonably
small now.

>>One option is to use the 'public' oak-core API directly, that is to use
>> SQL-2 statements.
>We can try that, but we should make sure there's a single place in
>oak-jcr then which constructs these queries.

It probably makes sense to keep such internal queries together, that's
true.

Do you mean the SQL-2 statements should be generated in the code, possibly
with some kind of SQL-2 statement builder (without hard-coding the SQL-2
statement or at least parts of the statement)?

Thinking about it again, I'm not completely sure if the current SQL-2
syntax can support all the required features. How to formulate: any node
with any property equal to x, where the property is of type y. We might
need to extend the SQL-2 syntax...

Regards,
Thomas