From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Javadocs "@see also"
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 13:38:09 GMT
Hi,

A minor issue: some of us use "@see also" javadocs and some not. For
example:

    /**
     * @see Object#hashCode()
     */
     @Override
    public int hashCode() {
        return value.hashCode();
    }

I find it kind of useless to write such javadoc tags, because javadoc
anyway adds a link in the "Overrides:" section (a link to the exact same
location). So if we write such javadoc tags, the only result is that the
generated javadoc has two links instead of one.

Therefore, I suggest we don't spend the time to manually write such tags.
At least I will not. If you have the IDE configured to do that
automatically then that's another issue, but I will not configure my IDE
to do it.

By the way, I also find generated javadocs of the following kind kind of
useless:

/**
 * ValueImpl...
 */
public class ValueImpl implements Value {

    /**
     * logger instance
     */
    private static final Logger log =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(ValueImpl.class);

But in this case at least it reduces the number of warnings from the IDE.

Regards,
Thomas