From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Exception handling in oak-core
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 12:13:18 GMT
Hi,

>>let's assume CoreValue.getString() could throw a
>> RepositoryException (when there is an error converting the value to a
>> string). If we do that, then we would have to add exception handling to
>
>That examples seems a bit academic right now, as CoreValue.getString()
>indeed never throws (it delegates to toString()).

I know, that's what it does right now. I wasn't speaking about what it
does right now.

The question is, if we change CoreValue.getString() so values of other
types (non-string) are converted to a string, will we change
CoreValue.getString() to throw a checked exception? I suggest we don't,
and throw a runtime exception instead if needed.

Regards,
Thomas