From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write performance for large child node lists
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 10:33:50 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> I did have a look at that revision but didn't see (and still don't see)
> where changes are recorded (the change log).

It's not really a *change log* in that it records the actual order of
all applied changes. Instead we just record the consolidated *change
set* after the given base state. Apart from moves and copies (that are
now handled separately), the result is more or less the same as after
the output of the log consolidation algorithm [1] we discussed
earlier. The only change is that the algorithm is essentially applied
incrementally while changes are being made and instead of keeping the
full log of changes, we just track the consolidated change set.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/3c22jqy6gzzkyxx2

BR,

Jukka Zitting