From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: delegates vs NodeTypeManager
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 16:28:04 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Would it make sense to split this into a JCR NodetypeManager and
> a Delegate (and do the same for NodeType & frieds)?

Yes, I think we should do that.

However, I'd rather not build information about the
/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes tree (or whichever location we use for
storing types) into oak-jcr. Instead that code should IMO be located
in an extra plugin that provides both the NodeTypeManager
functionality to oak-jcr and the required commit validation
functionality to oak-core.

It's pretty rudimentary still, but I've started drafting
o.a.j.oak.plugins as a location for such plugin components. Ultimately
I think those may become their own Maven components, but for now it's
easiest to keep them under .plugins in oak-core.

BR,

Jukka Zitting