From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Login modules and the infamous loginAdministrative()
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 21:23:46 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> sure... that's what the TODO is for. i prefer to think about the
> configuration setup using a concrete example.

I think the SlingRepository case, as described in my earlier post,
provides a fairly straightforward and concrete case for the kind of
configuration support we'll need. Basically we'll need something to
fill in to the blanks in the method below that'll associate the
constructed ContentRepository instance with a LoginModule like the one
I mentioned.

    SlingRepository createSlingRepository(MicroKernel mk) {
        ContentRepository cr = new ContentRepositoryImpl(mk, ...);
        ....;
        return new SlingRepositoryImpl(cr);
    }

Once we have that, it should be easy to use the same mechanism for
plugging in any kinds of login configurations.

> in general i would prefer having it slightly more mature before committing :)

Sure, no rush with this. I just wanted to bring this up since it was
fresh on my mind after looking at the OSGi side of the authentication
story in [1].

[1] http://blogs.adobe.com/jzitting/jaas-authentication-and-osgi/

BR,

Jukka Zitting