From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: findbugs
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 13:01:49 GMT
On 2012-05-23 14:55, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> ...with the change below, findbugs can be run in oak-jcr with
>>
>>   mvn findbugs:findbugs
>>
>> ...leaving an XML file in ./target. There's also
>>
>>   mvn findbugs:gui
>>
>> for those who prefer point-and-click.
>
> Nice!
>
> Do we really need a SNAPSHOT version of the FindBugs plugin, or is the
> latest release good enough?

That's what <http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/usage.html>
suggested. I can use the latest stable release instead if that's
preferrable.

>> Should we add this globally?
>
> Sounds like a useful thing to have, so +1 to adding it to the parent POM.

Ack.

> Did you already figure out a way for us to integrate FindBugs checks
> to to the test phase of the build so we could fail the build if
> explicitly enabled FindBugs checks fail?

I haven't looked at this yet, and I'm a bit worried that this would open
a can of worms with respect to coding style. There will always be a few
false positives, and we would need a way to keep track of them.

Best regards, Julian