From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Write performance for large child node lists
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 08:55:15 GMT

On 23.5.12 8:42, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>> Your solution is interesting since in a way it is based on recording the
>> changes (i.e. change log) but API wise only the actual states are exposed.
> That's interesting, where is the code for this? A mixed approach would
> indeed work well (for example diffing for properties, and using a change
> log for nodes). Is there some code or idea already about how to deal with
> moved nodes (which is where diffing is troublesome)?

See OAK-109 and revision 1341534. There change log is not recorded
globally as such. But rather are changes recorded per node. The way we
deal with move and copy operation is to apply them eagerly. That is, as
soon as a move or a copy operation occurs, the change log up to that
point is applied.

> Regards,
> Thomas

View raw message