From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Write performance for large child node lists
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 21:12:13 GMT

On 22.5.12 16:39, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Michael Dürig<mduerig@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Have a look at RootImplTest.largeChildList() which adds 10000 child nodes
>> flat. The test case is easily extended to demonstrate that adding child
>> nodes leads to linear performance drop.
>
> Thanks!
>
> See OAK-109 and revision 1341534 for the more efficient diffing
> algorithm I mentioned. It dramatically speeds up the largeChildList()
> test at high loop counts.

Thanks Jukka. This is great stuff! I was just about to write another
message that diffing should not be done in the store but rather in the
modified states since this is the place where the information about the
changes resides. But well... that's not necessary any more.

Your solution is interesting since in a way it is based on recording the
changes (i.e. change log) but API wise only the actual states are exposed.

Michael