From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 17:58:20 GMT
...while JIRA is down...

We currently loose index information when converting from JCR to OAK
paths (signaling an error on index != 1, and dropping the others).

This isn't sufficient; there are API signatures where even a "[1]" on
the final path segment is forbidden, such as when creating new nodes.

We can either hack these restrictions into NodeImpl, SessionImpl and
friends, or extend the path mapper to optionally check. To do the latter
properly, I'd like to change the NamePathMapperImpl so that it collects
PathSegments instead of Strings (see attached w-i-p patch).

I realize that this deviates from the use-Strings-when-possible
approach; but I don't see a clean way to get things working properly
without otherwise.

So feedback appreciated; I plan to finish this tomorrow.

Best regards, Julian