From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject oak-spi: NodeStore, NodeStateBuilder and CommitHook
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 16:43:20 GMT

Hi,

We had similar discussions before [1] and it keeps popping up all over
again: The NodeStore interface and friends all operate on NodeState and
as I said before, I don't think there is a reasonable way to implement
this. Having NodeState all the places is too general. Have a look at my
commits related to OAK-100. The way things are implemented there is by
lying: NodeStore.getBuilder() and NodeStore.setRoot() only accept very
specific instances of NodeStates as their arguments and throw exceptions
on all other instances. I think this is wrong and we should use more
exact types for NodeStore (and related) interfaces instead of throwing
exceptions at runtime.

Michael

[1] http://markmail.org/message/panl3wxfekvmcfyw